MAF uses Plaid to verify your identity and income to expedite and simplify the application process. When using Plaid, you will enter your bank login information into the Plaid application. This will allow us to instantly verify information that’s on file with your bank. We will not have access to or save your bank login information.
To verify your information using Plaid follow these steps:
- Click on the "Verify" button in the Verification and Grant Distribution section of the application
- A popup window for Plaid will appear, read the description and click Continue
- Select your bank from the list or type your bank name in the search bar
- Enter your online bank credentials and click Submit. These are the same credentials you would use to log into your bank's online portal. MAF will not have access to your bank login information and will not save this information
If you have two-factor authentication set up on your online bank account, you will also be prompted to have a verification code sent to you either via text or email. Choose the option that works best for you and enter the code you receive. Click submit.
If your bank credentials are accepted you will be returned back to the MAF Immigrant Families Recovery Program application. Click the Submit Application button to submit your application.
Unfortunately, not all banks and credit unions are available in Plaid. If your bank is not found in Plaid, you will not be able to verify using Plaid.
If your bank credentials are not being accepted please check the following:
- Confirm you have entered the correct user ID and password for your online bank account
- If you are having trouble remembering your user ID or password, please contact your bank for login support
- Confirm the name on your application is the same as the name associated with your bank account. Note: the bank account you connect must be in your name.
Don't have online banking? Read our Help Center article: What is online banking? for information on how to get set up.