Are the grant funds considered taxable income?

Reporting requirements and taxes can vary between individuals and their specific situations. We recommend you speak to a tax professional, e.g. a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), tax lawyer, or tax preparation service, for guidance on how to report a receipt of grant funds when filing taxes.

The IRS offers an article which may help clarify the answer for your personal situation here. If you are still unsure, locate a local VITA site where you may reach out for clarification.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.

Articles in this section

Our support hours:
9:00am - 5:00pm PST Monday to Friday
Follow us on Twitter
Get the latest news and updates first