The situation with COVID-19 has created a mixture of emotions and stress to people throughout the world. These feelings can become overwhelming so it is important to check in with yourself and your family to alleviate any feelings that are becoming heavy to hold.
Some steps the CDC advise you can take to support yourself include:
- Taking breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Limit your exposure to the news to only what you need to know to keep you safe.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Some companies are offering free meditation guidance, such as here and here.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep and avoid harmful substances.
- Make time to unwind. Take time to do some activities you might enjoy such as a free art class.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
Visit the CDC’s webpage for more information on coping with stress during the COVID-19 pandemic - We are in this together!
Article is closed for comments.