MAF’s DACA Fee Assistance is a $247.50 loan with a matching $247.50 grant that covers the $495 filing fee to apply for DACA. Half of the funds ($247.50) is a grant and does not need to be repaid. The other half ($247.50) is a zero-interest loan.
The application is a 3-step process:
- PRE-APPLY: Make sure you are eligible for the DACA program. Once you have your immigration paperwork completed and ready to file to USCIS, submit a pre-application for MAF’s DACA Fee Assistance.
- APPLY: Depending on eligibility, equity, and available funding, we will invite you to submit a full application for DACA Fee Assistance or direct you to other resources.
- GET THE CHECKS: If your MAF application is approved, we’ll issue you two checks for the total amount of $495 (one for $410 and one for $85) made out to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which you can send to USCIS along with your completed DACA application paperwork.
To be eligible for MAF’s DACA Fee Assistance Program you must:
- Be eligible to apply for DACA. We encourage you to consult an immigration lawyer or a nonprofit legal service provider to confirm eligibility and required documents before applying.
- Be ready to submit your DACA application to USCIS.
- Be able to provide a copy of your photo ID, such as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), driver’s license, or other valid government-issued photo ID.
- Depending on what type of DACA fee assistance you qualify for, there may be additional program requirements, such as proof of income and a valid checking account in your name.